– Emerson is crawling EVERYWHERE. We finally broke down and got a baby gate to block off the fireplace and all the cords and fan. Let me just say it is amazing and although it is so ugly, totally worth it! She’s also cruising. Like a boss.
– Her eczema finally cleared up really well. I think it was the Arizona heat that helped it along. It gave me some relief too though (from worrying about it) and I was glad she got some relief too. Although it never seemed to bother her besides stinging a little when I applied lotion, it looked worse than it actually was with all the redness on her poor little skin.
– Em had been so good with the separation anxiety up until this month. Not once has she cried when I dropped her off at daycare. She has fussed a little going to other people, but nothing like this! She all of a sudden was super clingy and wanted to be held by me all the time. Sometimes I didn’t mind… so nice to have the cuddles! But, I did miss going to the bathroom without having a crying baby on my hands. 🙂 Luckily it wasn’t too bad for too long.
– Lots of Daddy time this month! Zach had about five weeks off before residency started, so we took a month off of daycare and he got to get lots of quality Emerson time. She loved hanging out with her Daddy, but was happy to go back to daycare too.
– She missed her friends Alina and Brecken at daycare! She’s learning to be gentle with her friends and not just grab faces. 🙂 Her teachers love her and they all say she gives the best “Emerson hugs!” (I might have said that before, but I’m too lazy to go check if I have right now) 🙂
– She’s definitely exploring her voice and babbling a lot. Lots and lots of gagagagagaga, Mama, Dada.
– She’s eating puree really well – applesauce, bananas (not her favorite), peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, pears. We started in full gear with more finger foods – of course she loves cheerios and puffs! But, the other finger foods were really tough to start! We tried bananas, blueberries, green beans, and carrots. She does not like the texture of the chunks of fruits and veggies. Too slippery and slimy for her I guess? Just keep trying is my new motto…
– We also started doing water in a sippy cup for meals and she is doing really well. But, on the flight to Arizona, I thought I had everything ready to go. The one thing I forgot? Nipples for the six bottles of breastmilk I packed. DOH! I was so mad at myself! Luckily I had a sippy cup, though. So we filled it up with some warm breastmilk and tried to feed her. She wouldn’t have any of it. Apparently she only drinks milk out of bottles and water out of sippy cups. Only. Those are the rules (still to this day… we’re working on it).
– The dogs are still a little unsure of her. I think Buster is still a little bit jealous… he does still pee in the house every now and then. Brody is still a little skiddish, but he gets better and better. She is getting much better about petting them nicely and gently, but she still gets a little bit excited sometimes and her squeals scare Brody. Buster still just likes to give open mouth kisses…
– Her sleeping was thrown off a bit from all the traveling. I did not like sleeping in the same room with her during our travels! I wake up at every little twist, turn, grunt, sniffle. She may have slept OK, but I did not!
– Not walking yet, but she loves her little Sit n Stand Walker. She zooms around on in, but still needs help with the turns.
– Em is always smiling and I love her little two teeth grin so much. It’s the cutest.
– She got a bad cough and cold towards the end of the month from the flight and going back to daycare. Not fun, but we are building that immune system!
And now for the photo portion of the post!